Oklahoma City Prescription Drug Charges Lawyer
Many people are unaware of the amount of trouble illegal prescription drugs can cause. The courts treat prescription drugs with the same seriousness they treat heroin, meth and cocaine:
- It’s a crime for doctors to write false prescriptions, or to overprescribe, and the pills turn up on the street.
- It’s a crime for users to tinker with a prescription to alter the dosage or quantity, or to steal a prescription pad.
- It’s a crime for users to “doctor shop” to obtain prescription drugs.
- It’s certainly a crime to sell illegal prescription pills or to traffic in them in any way.
- It’s even a crime to carry legally prescribed pills in anything but the properly labeled container.
Many prescription pill addictions begin innocently, but then patients become addicted or dependent and seek more. The drugs most often involved in prescription drug charges include:
- Barbiturates Amytal, Nembutal, Seconal, Phenobarbital
- Sleep medications Ativan, Halcion, Librium, Valium, Xanax
- Benzodiazepines Xanax, Sonata, Lunesta, Rohypnol (“roofies”)
- Amphetamines Biphetamine, Dexedrine, Adderall, Ritalin
- Opioids Codeine, Morphine, Oxycodone (OxyContin, Percocet), Hydrocodone (Vicodin), Hydromorphone, Oxymorphone, Meperidine, Propoxyphene, Fentanyl, Methadone
If you are charged with a prescription pill crime, Jacquelyn Ford Law, P.C., can help you. Some charges can be easy to dismiss, like having your doctor write a letter authorizing the use of a medicine. Others require greater effort. In every drug crime case, we seek to minimize negative outcomes for our clients and their families.
Contact Our Oklahoma City Prescription Drug Charges Lawyer
Do not face the criminal justice system without an experienced attorney. To learn more about how our firm can help, contact us for a free consultation at 405-604-3200. We are eager to help you protect your freedom.
Invested In Your Defense. Invested In Your Future.